Forum stats
List of members
Search the forums

Advanced search
Recent discussions
- Archive Edition 27:2 reviewed (News:)
- April 2024 News Summary (News:2)
- RISC OS 5.30 arrives (News:2)
- WROCC May 2024 meeting - Gerph talks games (News:)
- Upgrading your RISC OS system to 5.30 (News:2)
- WROCC May 2024 meeting on wednesday - Gerph talks games (News:)
- Wakefield Show 2024 in Pictures (News:4)
- uniprint upgraded to 4.50 (News:)
- PhotoDesk 3.23 released (News:)
- R-Comp reveals N.Ex.T Boxes - the successor to the i.MX6 (News:)
Related articles
- Archive Edition 27:2 reviewed
- Wakefield Show 2024 in Pictures
- April 2024 News Summary
- RISC OS 5.30 arrives
- uniprint upgraded to 4.50
- PhotoDesk 3.23 released
- R-Comp reveals N.Ex.T Boxes - the successor to the i.MX6
- R-Comp releases Genealogy v2
- Sine Nomine updates RiscOSM and Impact
- Netfetch version 5.55 released
Latest postings RSS Feeds
RSS 2.0 | 1.0 | 0.9
Atom 0.3
Misc RDF | CDF

View on Mastodon
@www.iconbar.com@rss-parrot.net
Site Search

Article archives
The Icon Bar: News and features: RISCOSbits at Wakefield Show 2024

RISCOSbits at Wakefield Show 2024

Posted by Mark Stephens on 07:07, 26/4/2024 |

RISCOSbits have given us a bit of a sneak preview of their plans for tomorrow's Wakefield Show

As well as their usual range of machines, they will be offering 3 new systems at the Show for the first time...

The new eNVy.Me machine is a compact 1 litre system, housed in a custom electric blue aluminium and acrylic case, hosting an overclocked Compute Module 4 with 2GB RAM, coupled with a 128GB NVMe drive. The case has a rather clear acrylic 'pop-off' lid for easy access if you want to upgrade anything. It sports all the standard ports on the outside of the case include 4x USB 2.0 ports, a HDMI port, Gigabit Ethernet, and a USB-C port that can be used for 5v power in and data, plus a wide-ranging barrel connector for power in. Show price is 199 pounds.

A new FAST machine adds an NVMe drive with a slick black aluminium Mini ITX case and runs a 2GHz 4GB Compute Module with built in twin drive system, comprising a 32GB eMMC drive, with a 256GB NVMe drive included as standard, which can be expanded to 2 TB. This has a show price of 279 pounds.

The third system is a NVMe DIY kit to build your own system. It comprises a case, motherboard, Compute Module, NVMe drive, and pre-configured SD card, to assemble (instructions are included in English). These kits will be available at an introductory price of 99ukp on the day and you have the chance to win one in the raffle.

You will be able to buy most of the existing systems on the day including FAST, PiRO Qube, Chimera. The VENOM systems are available to order (it's proved very popular and Andy is desperately trying to get some new stock). 

Personally I am a big fan of the RISCOSbits systems (I have a FAST machine as my main home system and a PiHard at work) so recommend you definitely check out the stand at the Show.

RISCOSbits website

The Icon Bar: News and features: RISCOSbits at Wakefield Show 2024